What do RSVP Volunteers do?
Volunteers serve in nonprofit and community agencies, governmental agencies, faith based organizations, and health-care facilities, providing help to individuals in need.
Helping in area hospitals, assisted living facilities, and nursing homes.
Assisting in meal preparation and distribution to the homebound.
Assisting in the distribution of food in food pantries, food closets, and soup kitchens.
Assisting in local museums, historical sites, and theaters Working in area thrift shops
You Benefit! As an RSVP volunteer, you’ll receive:
- Free volunteer placement.
- Supplemental accident and liability insurance.
- The opportunity to make new friends.
- The opportunity to use your skills and experience.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are helping others, and making a difference.
- The health advantages (mental and physical) associated with volunteering.
- Training and opportunity to acquire new skills.